Wind and Thunder Wakizashi
Hanwei’s Wind and Thunder Wakizashi by Paul Chen features a blackened iron tsuba with a motif of Raiden, the Japanese god of thunder (also known as Raijin). The sword’s fuchi and kashira feature a Japanese Tomoe motif.
The tsuka is wrapped in genuine same (ray skin) and the tsuka-ito is made of premium Japanese black cotton. The saya is finished in a traditional black lacquer with a black cotton sageo.
The matching Wind and Thunder Katana (Product no. SH5001) and Wind and Thunder Tanto (Product no. SH5003) are also available to complete your collection.
Made by Hanwei.
– Thick and heavy blade
– Hand-forged high carbon steel blade
– Great for Tameshigiri
– Blade material: T10 high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 67.3 cm
– Blade length: approx. 50.2 cm
– Handle length: approx. 16.5 cm
– Weight: approx. 822 g
– Point of balance: approx. 8.9 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 2.9 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.5 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 8 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 6 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.3 cm
– Manufacturer’s product no.: SH5024
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.