Practical Plus Elite Katana
Hanwei’s Practical Plus Elite Katana is a cutting sword that is economical while featuring traditional fittings and construction methods.
Designed for multiple cuts in normal targets, this Samurai sword features genuine same (ray skin) on the tsuka, with a tightly woven cotton tsuka-Ito. The long tang is double-pegged for security.
The Practical Plus Elite Katana features a Kashira adorned with a Japanese dogwood motif, a dragon Menuki and a handsome iron tsuba in ”sunburst” design with a brass habaki.
Made by Hanwei.
– Traditional construction
– Quality fittings
– Blade material: 1566 high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 101.6 cm
– Blade length: approx. 71.1 cm
– Handle length: approx. 27.9 cm
– Weight: approx. 1106 g
– Point of balance: approx. 14 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.5 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.6 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 7 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 4 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.9 cm