Shinto Light Katana
Hanwei’s Shinto Light Katana features a hand-forged high carbon steel blade with Bo-Hi. This blade of this beautiful Samurai sword was differentially tempered using a traditional claying method.
The core of the tsuka is comprised of two pieces of hardwood carved so as to fit perfectly onto the tang. It is covered with two panels of ray skin and wrapped with high-quality woven cotton cord.
A finely rendered dragon with golden accents forms the black iron tsuba.
The sword’s saya has been constructed from hardwood and finished in a deep black lacquer with a black cotton sageo.
Made by Hanwei.
– Traditional construction
– Premium fittings
– Incl. protective cloth bag and traditional maintenance kit
– Blade material: high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 101.6 cm
– Blade length: approx. 71.1 cm
– Handle length: approx. 27.9 cm
– Weight: approx. 1219 g
– Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.5 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.6 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 6 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 4 mm