Tiger Katana by Paul Chen
Hanwei’s Tiger Katana has a hand-forged and folded K120C powder steel blade with Bo-Hi and a short (ko)kissaki. The Saya is deeply lacquered in black, with inlaid brass bamboo leaves.
The ray skin used on the tsuka is of the highest quality, and the tsuka-ito and sageo are woven from best quality Japanese cotton. The fuchi, kashira, kojiri, koiguchi and kurigata are all made from blackened bronzed iron, selectively detailed in gold.
The tsuba is crafted in blackened iron, with a tiger inlaid in brass. The habaki is a one-piece brass construction.
The matching Tiger Wakizashi (Product no. SH1205) is also available to complete your collection.
Made by Hanwei.
– Hand-forged and folded high carbon steel blade
– Excellent quality
– Traditional construction
– Blade material: K120C powder steel
– Overall length: approx. 113 cm
– Blade length: approx. 75.6 cm
– Handle length: approx. 34.9 cm
– Weight: approx. 1247 g
– Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.2 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.2 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 7 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 5 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.9 cm