Yokai Oni Katana, BattleBlades
When designing this sword, BattleBlades wanted to combine the swiftness and agility of a wakizashi with the reach and effectiveness of a full-sized katana.
The attractive Unokubi-zukuri style blade gives this katana a perfect balance without sacrificing cutting power.
This is a samurai sword you need to experience to understand its true potential in terms of speed and handling.
A handcrafted katana made by using traditional methods
The nagasa is hand-forged and polished using only traditional methods. It is made of super strong T10 steel and has an appealing and aggressive-looking clay-tempered hamon. The edge is honed carefully by hand to ensure a razor-sharp finish.
The hardwood tsuka is katatemaki-wrapped with brown silk and artfully adorned with meticulously detailed and unique Yōkai Oni motifs on the fuchi, kashira, tsuba and menukis. The elegant brass habaki and seppa complete the set.
A saya with a hand-crafted dragon, buffalo horn and silk details
The all-black hardwood scabbard is a truly one-of-a-kind masterpiece. It features a gorgeous hand-carved dragon and genuine buffalo horn koiguchi, kojiri, and kurikata. A brown premium grade silk sageo and multiple layers of black lacquer add the finishing touch.
The samurai sword comes with an embroidered BattleBlades Inc. silk sword bag and a serial-numbered certificate of authenticity.
– Blade material / Nagasa material: T10 high carbon steel, hand-forged, differentially hardened
– Overall length: approx. 104.5 cm
– Blade length / Nagasa: approx. 71 cm
– Handle length / Tsuka: approx. 27 cm
– Blade thickness rear / Kasane: approx. 7.1 mm
– Blade thickness front / Sakikasane: approx. 3 mm
– Blade width / Motohaba: approx. 3.2 cm
– Blade width at tip / Sakihaba: approx. 2.5 cm
– Weight: approx. 1.1 kg
– Weight with scabbard / Saya: approx. 1.3 kg
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.