Three Monkeys Katana
The three wise monkeys are a widely known imagery. Together they embody the proverbial principle “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil”. The three monkeys are Mizaru, covering his eyes, who sees no evil, Kikazaru, covering his ears, who hears no evil and Iwazaru, covering his mouth, who speaks no evil.
The Three Monkeys Katana is constructed on a traditional Shinogi Zukuri style blade with Bo-Hi to reduce weight and improve balance as well as handling. The high-carbon blade is hand forged and differentially hardened. The blackened iron tsuba features a three wise monkeys motif.
Made by Hanwei.
– Forged high-carbon blade
– Traditionally constructed
– Quality fittings
– Blade material: High carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 106.7 cm
– Blade length: approx. 69.2 cm
– Handle length: approx. 28.5 cm
– Weight: approx. 1183 g
– Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.1 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 7 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 5 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.9 cm