Scottish Knight Templar Sword, incl. Scabbard
This decorative one-handed Knights Templar sword features a double-edged EN45 spring steel blade with a broad, long fuller. The edges are not sharpened and the blade’s full tang is peened to the pommel. The wooden core grip is nicely bound in brown leather. The approx. 17 cm long cross guard and the generously sized disc-shaped pommel (or wheel pommel) are both crafted from mild steel. The pommel is adorned on both sides with an enameled red Templar cross, also known as cross pattée.
This high medieval single-handed crusader sword comes complete with a brown wood-and-leather scabbard with steel throat, chape, middle band and articulated suspensions rings.
Please note that this sword is not a battle ready weapon. It is designed as a collector’s or decoration/display piece and is not suited for combat reenactment. Besides its quality as a collectible, it is also perfectly suited as a prop, e.g. to complete your costume.
– Material: EN45 spring steel blade (high carbon steel, not stainless), steel guard and pommel, leather-bound wooden handle
– Overall length: approx. 96 cm
– Blade length: approx. 78 cm
– Blade thickness: approx. 4.5 mm (cutting edges approx. 1 mm)
– Hilt length: approx. 19 cm (grip approx. 11 cm)
– Max. blade width: approx. 4.6 cm
– Point of balance: approx. 16 cm from the guard
– Incl. wooden scabbard with genuine leather cover and steel fittings
– Weight without scabbard: approx. 1.5 kg
– Weight with scabbard: approx. 2 kg