Medieval Spearhead, approx. 33 cm
This spearhead is crafted from tempered EN45 high carbon steel and suitable for Middle Ages settings.
It is approx. 33 cm (13 in.) long, has approx. 18 cm (7 in.) long edges, and is reinforced with a distinctive, raised ridge along the blade’s centre line for extra rigidity and greater piercing power. It comes with two pre-drilled holes that allow it to be secured onto the wooden staff of your choice to create your own medieval spear. The haft and additional mounting hardware are not included in the delivery.
Please note that this spearhead is primarily designed as a collectible, decoration piece or prop and by no means suited for combat re-enactment! The blade’s point is not rounded, and the edges are not sharpened, yet slightly ground (with suitable equipment and the necessary know-how and skills, they may be ground to sharpness if needed).
– Material: tempered EN45 spring steel (high carbon steel, not stainless)
– Overall length (incl. socket): approx. 33 cm
– Blade length: approx. 20 cm (edges approx. 18 cm)
– Max. width: approx. 5.5 cm
– Blade thickness: approx. 5 mm
– Length of socket: approx. 13 cm
– Inner diameter of socket: approx. 2.8 cm
– Weight: approx. 370 g
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.
The steel used here is not rust-proof and might show slight surface tarnishing in places. We recommend you to maintain the spearhead on a regular basis, for example using Ballistol Universal Oil, which is ideally suited for steel care.