Solingen Rapier by Paul Chen, Antiqued Version
The Swept-Hilt Rapier made by Hanwei features classical lines, with a high carbon steel flex-tempered blade,
a stainless steel hilt (for reduced maintenance) with blade catcher-quillons and a twisted-wire grip. The hilt is of the
same size as the 17th century German piece on which it is based, providing an authentic feel in the user’s hand, and the weight
and balance also match the original.
This antiqued version of the Solingen Swept-Hilt Rapier features a hilt finish developed by Hanwei that
allows a museum-quality patina to be applied to stainless steel while the non-corroding properties of the steel are retained.
This finish is very attractive and gives an authentic appearance to the sword.
The blade is interchangeable with the Hanwei Practical blade which is designed for safety
in rapier sparring.
Made by Hanwei.
– Forged high carbon steel blade
– Leather scabbard included
– Excellent balance
– Blade material: high carbon steel, flex-tempered
– Overall length: approx. 114.9 cm
– Blade length: approx. 93 cm
– Weight: approx. 1049 g
– Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard
– Point of harmonics: approx. 71.1 cm
– Blade width at guard: approx. 1.9 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 1 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 6.4 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 2.5 mm
– Incl. leather scabbard
– Manufacturer’s product no.: SH2205N
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.