Just like the medieval gambeson, the Roman subarmalis was worn underneath the armour (e.g. Lorica Hamata or Lorica Segmentata).
The subarmalis we offer here is entirely made of 2-3 mm thick, dyed leather. It features side lacings, allowing each wearer to adjust it perfectly to size.
– Material: vegetable-tanned, dyed leather
– Weight: approx. 2.2 kg
– Colour: reddish brown
– Corresponds to size L
– Chest circumference: approx. 96-106 cm
– Waist circumference: approx. 96-106 cm
– Length shoulder to waist: approx. 53 cm
– Overall length: approx. 92 cm