Solingen Rapier by Paul Chen
This Swept-Hilt Rapier made by Hanwei features classical lines, with a high carbon steel flex-tempered blade, a stainless steel
hilt (for reduced maintenance) with blade catcher-quillons and a twisted-wire grip. The hilt is of the same size as the
17th century German piece on which it is based, providing an authentic feel in the user’s hand, and the weight and balance also
match the original.
The blade is interchangeable with the Hanwei Practical blade (Product No. OH2255) which is designed for safety
in rapier sparring.
A matching Main Gauche (Product No. SH2208) is available as well and may also be equipped with a sparring blade.
Made by Hanwei.
– Forged high carbon steel blade
– Leather scabbard included
– Excellent balance
– Blade material: high carbon steel, flex-tempered
– Overall length: approx. 114.9 cm
– Blade length: approx. 93 cm
– Weight: approx. 1049 g
– Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard
– Point of harmonics: approx. 71.1 cm
– Blade width at guard: approx. 1.9 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 1 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 6.4 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 2.5 mm
– Incl. leather scabbard