Practical Shinobi Ninja-To
The Practical Shinobi Ninja-To from Hanwei is a useful piece for those studying the Way of the Ninja.
The blade is hand-forged in high-carbon steel and is differentially hardened using the traditional
claying method. All of the fittings are finished in antiqued black iron.
The ornate tsuba displays the kuji-kiri (energy-channeling hand positions) employed by the mystical ninja.
The tsuka is wrapped in a synthetic black ray skin (same) and the tsuka-ito is in durable synthetic black leather.
The saya has flat black finish with demon-head bindings for the black Japanese cotton sageo and an intricate kojiri.
Made by Hanwei.
– Forged high carbon steel
– Differential tempering
– Ornate tsuba
– Blade material: 1566 high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 87.6 cm
– Blade length: approx. 57.8 cm
– Handle length: approx. 26 cm
– Weight: approx. 851 g
– Point of balance: approx. 11.4 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 2.9 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.2 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 7 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 6 mm
– Manufacturer’s product no.: SH2268