Samurai Sword in the style of Miyamoto Musashi
Miyamoto Musashi, arguably the most famous swordmaster in Japanese history, was well above average height and Hanwei’s classic rendition of his Daito (long sword) reflects the impressive length of the original and features the legendary double-ring iron tsuba.
The Musashi Katana features a leather-over-rayskin tsuka-ito and is mounted in black with a textured saya for durability. The blade of the Katana is hand-forged in high carbon steel and is edge-tempered to display a distinct hamon. The grip is double-pegged to the tang for safety.
Every Katana comes with a custom-fit cloth bag for proper protection and a Japanese blade maintenance kit.
Made by Hanwei.
– Forged high carbon steel blade
– Traditional construction
– Blade material: high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 115.6 cm
– Blade length: approx. 74.3 cm
– Handle length: approx. 38.1 cm
– Weight: approx. 1155 g
– Point of balance: approx. 11.4 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.2 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.2 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 8 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 7 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.9 cm