Angus Trim developed this type of HEMA training sword (he called the profile design ”I-Beam”) some time ago to solve two problems: tapered blades with thin edges that were quickly damaged and thick blades that feeled like crowbars.
The solid central fuller allows more metal on the edge while keeping the sword alive in the hand.
This sword is not sharpened and has a rounded tip.
– Hand forged, 3.25mm thick 9260 spring steel blade.
– Designed by Angus Trim
– Wooden scabbard wrapped in leather
– Overall length: approx. 114 cm
– Blade length: approx. 88.5 cm
– Handle length: approx. 20 cm
– Weight without scabbard: approx. 1250 g