Koshi Sori O Kissaki Katana, BattleBlades
This beautiful full tang shinken from BattleBlades was designed for heavy cutting (tameshigiri), and also as a high-quality collectible.
The blade was hand-forged from 1095 high carbon steel, differentially hardened, and polished by hand. It features a Sanbon-suki style hamon and a deep Koshi-sori curve. The impressive O-kissaki with Shinogi-zukuri geometry adds a dignified touch and provides for effective cutting power.
The beautiful details of the handmade Kissaki Katana
The hardwood tsuka is fitted with delicately adorned, flower-patterned fuchi, kashira and menukis. The cotton ito is Katatemaki-wrapped over black ray skin. The seppa and habaki are made of brass.
The handmade hardwood saya is partially covered with white ray skin, and coated with four layers of lacquer to highlight the beautiful grain of the wood. The premium grade sageo and the polished koiguchi, kurikata and kojiri made of genuine, black buffalo horn complete the look.
The samurai sword comes with an embroidered BattleBlades Inc. silk sword bag and a certificate of authenticity.
– Blade material / Nagasa material: 1095 high carbon steel, hand-forged, differentially hardened
– Overall length: approx. 107 cm
– Blade length / Nagasa: approx. 72 cm
– Handle length / Tsuka: approx. 28 cm
– Blade thickness rear / Kasane: approx. 7.5 mm
– Blade thickness front / Sakikasane: approx. 3 mm
– Blade width / Motohaba: approx. 3.15 cm
– Blade width at tip / Sakihaba: approx. 2.4 cm
– Weight: approx. 1.13 kg
– Weight with scabbard / Saya: approx. 1.56 kg
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.