Hanwei’s Kami Katana has a hand-forged and folded K120C powder steel blade with a long
o-kissaki featuring a hand-engraved ”Fudo” Horimono and Bo-Hi. The folding process creates
exceptional hada, or grain pattern, along the blade and is accentuated by the distinctive hamon.
The ray skin used on the tsuka is of the highest quality, and the tsuka-ito and sageo are
woven from best quality Japanese silk. The fuchi, kashira, kojiri, koiguchi and kurigata
are all made from blackened bronze, with decoration in relief and selective detailing of
copper, silver and gold.
The tsuba, which depicts the kami, or guardian warriors, is crafted in hardened blackened
copper with decoration in relief and selective silver and gold detailing. The habaki is a
two-piece construction, the inner section being copper and the outer section gold-plated brass.
The saya is deeply lacquered in red, with a black ring-carved section at the mouth.
This Samurai sword comes with a custom-fit cloth bag for proper protection and a Japanese blade maintenance kit.
The matching Kami Tanto (Product no. SH1203) is also available to complete your collection.
Made by Hanwei.
– Folded K120C high carbon steel blade
– Differential heat-treated
– Traditional construction
– Blade material: K120C powder steel
– Overall length: approx. 104.1 cm
– Blade length: approx. 73.7 cm
– Handle length: approx. 27.3 cm
– Weight: approx. 1183 g
– Point of balance: approx. 12.1 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.3 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.5 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 7 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 6 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.9 cm
– ManufacturerŽs product no.: SH1201