Great Wave Tanto
The Great Wave Tanto made by Paul Chen for Hanwei displays the Japanese Tomoe motif frequently used for family crests and shrine decoration. Fuchi and Kashira are crafted in blackened iron and feature the Tomoe mon.
The blade is hand-forged from T10 high carbon steel and features a long (o)kissaki. It is differentially hardened to produce a distinctive hamon.
The saya is deeply lacquered in black and the tsuka is crafted in ribbed buffalo horn.
The matching Great Wave Katana (Product no. SH5004) and Great Wave Wakizashi (Product no. SH5002) are also available to complete your collection.
Made by Hanwei.
– T10 steel blade
– Buffalo horn tsuka
– Deeply lacquered black saya
– Blade material: T10 high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 29.9 cm
– Blade length: approx. 17.2 cm
– Handle length: approx. 10.2 cm
– Weight: approx. 284 g
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 7 mm