Great Wave Katana
The Great Wave Katana made by Paul Chen for Hanwei displays the Japanese Tomoe motif frequently used for family crests and shrine decoration. The Tsuba, Fuchi and Kashira are crafted in blackened iron and feature the Tomoe mon.
The blade is hand-forged from T10 high carbon steel and features a long (o)kissaki. It is differentially hardened to produce a distinctive hamon.
The saya is deeply lacquered in black. The ray skin of the tsuka has a premium woven Japanese black cotton wrap with a matching sageo.
The matching Great Wave Wakizashi (Product no. SH5002) and Great Wave Tanto (Product no. SH5022) are also available to complete your collection.
Made by Hanwei.
– T10 steel blade
– Deeply lacquered black saya
– Ideal for cutting exercises
– Blade material: T10 high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 102.9 cm
– Blade length: approx. 71.1 cm
– Handle length: approx. 29.2 cm
– Weight: approx. 1191 g
– Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.2 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.4 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 8 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 6 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.9 cm