Bushido, or “Way of the Warrior”, defines the code of conduct an honorable Samurai must follow and the Hanwei Bushido Katana is designed to perpetuate this tradition.
The blade of the Bushido Katana is hand-forged and folded from K120C powder steel, with a medium-length (chu) kissaki. The saya is deeply lacquered with inlaid brass cherry blossom (sakura) flowers.
High quality ray skin (same) is used on the tsuka. The tsuba is crafted in blackened and bronzed iron, with detailing in gold and silver and a battle scene decoration.
The tsuka-ito and the sageo are woven from premium Japanese cotton. The fuchi and kashira are of blackened bronze with brass detailing, and the kojiri, koiguchi and kurikata are of polished buffalo horn. The habaki is a one-piece brass construction.
The matching Bushido Wakizashi (Product no. SH1211) and Bushido Tanto (Product no. SH1212) are also available to complete your collection.
Made by Hanwei.
– Hand forged and folded steel blade
– High quality
– Traditional construction
– Blade material: K120C powder steel
– Overall length: approx. 101.6 cm
– Blade length: approx. 69.2 cm
– Handle length: approx. 29.2 cm
– Weight: approx. 1191 g
– Point of balance: approx. 14 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.1 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.4 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 7 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 5 mm