Kogane No Senshi Honsanmai Katana, BattleBlades
The Kogane No Senshi Honsanmai Katana by BattleBlades is a true masterpiece for any low”>sword collection.
The samurai sword was hand-forged and polished by the best swordsmiths. This unique has a super strong, clay-tempered, folded 1095 high carbon steel Honsanmai blade with a deep Koshi-sori curve, a striking, extra-long O-kissaki and a razor-sharp edge (ha).
A high-quality katana with golden details
The hardwood tsuka is covered with black-coloured ray skin and Katatemaki-wrapped in a beautiful golden-coloured silk ito. It features gold-plated menukis and blackened iron tsuba, kashira and fuchi.
The magnificent saya is a clear example of exceptional craftsmanship. It is made of premium grade hardwood, covered with four thick layers of black lacquer. The koiguchi, kojiri and kurikata are made of genuine buffalo horn. The upper end of the saya features a golden-coloured silk sageo wrapped around a layer of rough ray skin, which truly makes for a one-of-a-kind appearance.
A gorgeous piece, both suited for heavy tameshigiri cutting and serious sword collectors.
The samurai sword comes with an embroidered BattleBlades Inc. silk sword bag and a serial-numbered certificate of authenticity.
If you’re looking for a real Daisho sword set that all collectors ought to own, the matching wakizashi can be purchased separately here: BB-KNSHW – Kogane No Senshi Honsanmai Wakizashi, BattleBlades
– Blade material / Nagasa material: Honsanmai 1095 high carbon steel, hand-forged, folded, clay-tempered
– Overall length: approx. 104.5 cm
– Blade length / Nagasa: approx. 71 cm
– Handle length / Tsuka: approx. 27.9 cm
– Blade thickness rear / Kasane: approx. 7.1 mm
– Blade thickness front / Sakikasane: approx. 3.9 mm
– Blade width / Motohaba: approx. 3.4 cm
– Blade width at tip / Sakihaba: approx. 2.3 cm
– Weight: approx. 1.2 kg
– Weight with scabbard / Saya: approx. 1.5 kg
Specs may slightly vary from piece to piece.