Viking Seax with Carbon Steel Blade and Wood-and-Bone Handle
This Viking Age knife features a sharpened high carbon steel blade. The wooden handle terminates on both sides with bone and brass rings. It has an oval cross-section that ensures a solid grip on the knife. The brass butt cap is equipped with a convenient lanyard hole (leather lanyard is included in delivery).
The beautiful leather sheath with period brass fittings is equipped with three brass rings and leather belt loops for typical Viking-style horizontal carry. The loops are adorned with stylised animal-shaped heads modeled on finds from Björkö/Birka, Sweden.
Please note that, as the blade is sharp and fully functional, this scramasax is designed as a collector’s or decoration piece and not suited for combat reenactment!
– Blade material: high carbon steel, sharp edge
– Also available with Damascus steel blade (Product no. 0164002482)
– Handle material: walnut wood, animal bone, brass
– Overall length: approx. 50 cm
– Blade length: approx. 32 cm
– Weight: approx. 440 g (approx. 640 g with sheath)
– Vegetable tanned leather sheath with brass fittings and carrying loops