Wind and Thunder Katana
The Katana of the Wind and Thunder set by Paul Chen / Hanwei is designed specifically for the martial artist who needs a sword to meet the demands of heavy target cutting.
It features a heavier and thicker blade with traditional furniture and fittings. The tsuba with a motif of Raiden (the Japanese god of thunder, also known as Raijin) is crafted in blackened stainless steel and the sword’s fuchi and kashira feature a Japanese Tomoe motif.
The tsuka is wrapped in genuine same (ray skin) and the tsuka-ito is made of premium Japanese black cotton. The saya is finished in a traditional black lacquer with a black cotton sageo.
This Katana is an excellent choice for batto-jutsu practitioners.
The matching Wind and Thunder Wakizashi and Wind and Thunder Tanto are also available to complete your collection.
Made by Hanwei.
– Thick and heavy blade
– Hand-forged high carbon steel blade
– Great for Tameshigiri
– Blade material: T10 high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 106.7 cm
– Blade length: approx. 74.9 cm
– Handle length: approx. 29.9 cm
– Weight: approx. 1502 g
– Point of balance: approx. 17.8 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.5 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 3 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 9 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 8 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.9 cm