Practical Elite Katana
Hanweii Practical Katanas have always been at the forefront of providing economical yet functional swords to the Martial Arts community.
Designed for maximum cutting power in heavy targets, the blade of this Samurai sword is forged from 1566 high carbon steel and differentially hardened in the traditional manner, producing an edge hardness of 60 HRC and spine hardness of 40 HRC.
The removable handle is tightly wrapped in the traditional style with imitation leather to provide a positive grip that will withstand years of tameshigiri practice.
Made by Hanwei.
– Differentially tempered
– Built for Martial Artists as well as collectors
– Blade material: 1566 high carbon steel
– Overall length: approx. 99.1 cm
– Blade length: approx. 68.6 cm
– Handle length: approx. 28 cm
– Weight: approx. 1105 g
– Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard
– Blade width at guard: approx. 3.4 cm
– Blade width at tip: approx. 2.6 cm
– Blade thickness at guard: approx. 7 mm
– Blade thickness at tip: approx. 4 mm
– Sori: approx. 1.9 cm